Language in Use Peter & Isauro working on Tobi language
Toward a Tobian-English Dictionary
Tobian Language Project: Documenting Ramari Hatohobei, the Tobian Language
Specialized Word Lists
- Plants & Medicines
- Aunchalee Loscalzo's appendices to her dissertation—the data were collected in Echang and reflect a mixture of Tobian, Palauan, and English illness terms and plant names.
- Appendix A: Tobian Illness Terms (pronounciations provided by Justin Andrew)
- Appendix B: Botanical Pharmacopoeia of Echang Hamlet, Koror.
- Plants in Chuuk and Echang by Aunchalee Loscalzo.
- Preliminary list of plants commonly mentioned by Tobians as being medicinal by Aunchalee Loscalzo.
- Bodies & Their Parts from Isauro Andrew
- Canoe Parts from Isauro Andrew and Justin Andrew
- Clans of Tobi from Isauro Andrew
- Colors from Isauro Andrew
- Conflict Words from Isauro Andrew
- Counting from Isauro Andrew
- Directions from Sebastian Marino
- Kin Terms
- Noun Endings
- Phrases & Sentences
- Solar Months & Lunar Months from Justin Andrew
- 13 Word Lists by David Sapio
- Tobian Sounds
- Weather from Isauro Andrew
- Word of the Week Archive
- Two Poems by Ward Goodenough
Tobian is critically endangered according to UNESCO.
UNESCO Interactive Atlas of the World's Languages in Danger
Updated: March 5, 2017